Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Album a Day: Zombies! Organize!! - Before It's Too Late

Inevitably your friends are going to be in bands, play shows, and make albums. All you can hope for is that they are good at it so you're not stuck saying, "I really like that white backdrop you use" or "great art on that backtray of the album". When I moved to South Florida I started working at The Fetish Factory and met friends and friends of friends who became my friends. They started inviting me to their shows really centered around three main bands: Timb and any projects he has, The Freakin' Hott, and Zombies! Organize!! All great bands but I probably became the closest with Z!O!! and so when I heard they were coming out with an album I was just hoping I didn't get that high-pitch voice thing where clearly you are lying. This album induced the opposite of that and from top to bottom is amazing. They are able to come a little bit nerdy, a little bit hip, and a strong undertone of political for just anabsolute solid debut. Get the hard disc if you can but otherwise you can download it on amazon, itunes, or Last.FM. Favorite tracks include: Robotacus, I Like Turtles, I Am The Swoosh, F-Bombs and 1UPs, and Zombie Manifesto

No comments:

Post a Comment