Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Album a Day: Goldfrapp - Head First

This is maybe one of the best new albums I've heard in a long time. To me this was like listening to Echo Image's Compuphonic for the first time, not a track on this album I dislike and I'm really glad to see them return to something more fun with this fifth album after the more somber Seventh Tree (not that that isn't a quality album itself). I absolutely love the Xanadu influence that's so fitting with their previous visit to the work of Olivia Newton-John (see their track UK Girls (Physical) a rearranged version of her song Physical on the Utopia (Genetically Enriched) EP). The whole album has a great mix of 80's sounds (and imagery as indicated by the cover art) and I could see easily listening to it over and over. Favorite Tracks: Rocket, Alive, Dreaming, Head First, Hunt, and I Wanna Life

No comments:

Post a Comment