Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Album a Day: CSS - Donkey

CSS is just so incredibly fun that I think you'd have to be hard pressed not to enjoy their music on at least a shameful level (although I have no shame liking them whatsoever). This Brazilian band reminds me a lot of The Sounds except where The Sounds take a moment to breath every now and then with slower songs CSS doesn't have time for that (I'm sure a reflection of what is going on in the music/art scene in Brazil right now). This sophomore effort feels like they figured out what the fans want, what their style is and really decided to just go for it. The album is also well produced in terms of the overall sound but my only qualm is that a lot of the songs just sort of end which to me is very distracting as I'd like a little more flow to the album. Favorite tracks: Jager Yoga, Rat is Dead (Rage), Left Behind, and How I Became Paranoid

No comments:

Post a Comment