Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Album a Day: Dismantled - PostNuclear

This is a perfect example of what I love about Dismantled. It's easy to listen to a lot of electronic music that's tailored for the club and I'm not saying I don't adore some of those songs but often times it feels like they put in about five minutes of work and called it a day. When you listen to this album you can tell that is far from the truth. There's thought put in to ever beat, every word, there's movements within the song. On the aestethic side there's a great ebb and flow beat the really harsh very intense moments and the lighter side that gives a moment of breathing room and reflection. And as much detail is put in, I never feel like the album is overproduced. I would easily put this in my Top 10 industrial albums of all time. Favorite tracks: Backwards, The Swarm (favorite track on the album), Had a Life, Exit, and The Last Excuse

No comments:

Post a Comment