Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Album a Day: My Ruin - The Horror of Beauty

You have to respect My Ruin's Tairrie B who started as a rapper mostly notably under the study of one of the greatest in NWA's Eazy-E before she ultimately switched gears to focus on metal. This 2003 junior (not small but rather 3rd) album from My Ruin is just a great piece of metal and I always love when the ladies join in on the screaming. The Horror of Beauty is an aggressive album, that I think really helped cement the sound and image of the band who over the years has gone through many lineup changes with only Tairrie B and guitarist Mick Murphy being the consistent members (and now they're married, so there's that). I think its a badass album and I'd really like to see My Ruin and Hanzel und Gretyl tour together as I think they could share a similar fan-base if they don't already. The album also includes a not so great music video for Made To Measure so try to ignore that and just enjoy the rest of the album. Favorite Tracks: American Psycho, Radio Silence, Stinkface, Ten Minutes To Hollywood, and Get Pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment