Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Album a Day (Rare/EP Edition): Echo Image - Walkout

Echo Image is and always will be one of my favorite bands, but when a band only releases one album 3 remix EPs and a teaser maxi CD for a possible upcoming album that never happens, well then if you're like me then every single extra little song matters. Sometimes it's one song on a compilation or in this day and age you can check their myspace page or website (when it's not down) to see if they are going to release a teaser or a new song (which did happen once). But, when I discovered discogs.com I saw that there was an EP that they only gave out at shows and sold in local music shops in Norway. I won't tell you what it took me but I was able to eventually to secure a copy (number 14 of 60) and it was well worth it. You can see that the song writing isn't quite where it gets to on Compuphonic but for a first EP (essentially closer to a demo) it's fucking great. Echo Image is full of a lot of soul as shown in this early work. Favorite tracks: Walkout, Inside, and Understand

No comments:

Post a Comment