Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Album a Day: Zeromancer - The Death of Romance

Zeromancer was one of the first bands I was drawn towards when getting into industrial music. I've always found that in some ways they often just exemplify a sound (although always at least slightly different from album) without really pushing the boundaries of and yet I'm always intrigued and always pleased. This fifth album from Norway's Zeromancer is like vanilla yogurt. I know what vanilla yogurt tastes like, it's not blowing my mind and yet I am feeling satisfied. Its also interesting at this point to really follow the journey of the band from album to album: Clone Your Lover is very industrial influenced hard rock like Orgy or Coal Chamber Then they move on Eurotrash which encorporates more synths, gets club friendlier, more club industrial-style. Zzyzx was much lighter, perhaps a little more mainstream sounding and then Sinners International pulled back a little bit into the EBM/Electro-Industrial direction. I think this album The Death of Romance really engages with all of those sounds and mixes in a bit of goth as well. Really nice effort by a consistent band. Favorite Tracks: Industrypeople, The Death of Romance, Revengefuck, and The Plinth

No comments:

Post a Comment